Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration intro course
- Getting a job as a new apprentice in the HVAC/R is not easy, but it is worth the effort.
- Talk to any HVAC/R Technician and you will find out that this is the most interesting and varied work you can find in the skilled trades.
- There is a lot of competition, so anything you can do to prepare yourself for the interview and job-site can only improve your chances.
- This mostly theory based program has been designed to help you continue working in your current job by day and learn all you can by night.
- This course runs 2 nights a week, 3 hours each night- 6:00 pm until 9:00 pm for a total of 8 weeks. Usually Monday and Wednesday evenings or Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
- Or 8 consecutive Saturdays, 6 hours each session- 8:00 am until 2:30 pm
- We like to describe this course as our "taste tester". We provide you with information about the trade, which then allows you to make an informed decsion if you would like to continue on.
- A great way to see if: 1. you are suited for the HVAC/R Trade 2. you are interested in this trade without spening a lot of time and money!
- Join our HVAC/R Pre-Employment night school program and learn some of the job-ready skills that will help you succeed
Topics covered by this course include:
- Job-site safety
- Refrigerant Handling certification
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Refrigeration & air conditioning system components
- Basics of HVAC/R systems operation
- Use of specialty tools
- Installation & maintenance techniques
- Soldering, & brazing
This course is available on the following dates:
|Course ID||Dates offered||Location||Price||Available|
|PE318||Sep 4-Oct 25, 2018||Surrey||$755.00||10|
- Valid Driver's license
- Minimum of Grade 11 Math
- Completion of High School
- If you will not be attending class, notify your instructor or our office.
- Attending a trade math course would be beneficial